We are excited to be very nearly finished with our major improvements project! October 30 marked substantial completion, which allowed the crew to start loading out their larger tools, scaffolding, and excess materials. After final painting and minor trim work, Sammons Center staff will conduct a walk-through with City staff and our architects to determine the punch list.
The project included replacement of the external brick on the parapet from the southwest corner to the west corner, covering the entire length of the 1953 renovation section, along with interior work in the same area. Among the other improvements were three new entry doors, installation of a redesigned downspout to eliminate future water damage to the brick and walls inside Meadows Hall, and new LED fixtures and durable TNEMEC paint on the pole lights at the north and south Meadows Hall doors. Finally, new and improved canopies at all three building entrances were installed.
We look forward to the day when everyone can see these wonderful improvements at our beautiful historic building!